Donate to Masjid Suffah
MOHID is Masjid Suffah’s preferred method of donation.
Assalamu Alaikum WRWB
There were *no authentic or reliable sightings of the crescent of Shawwal*, therefore Masjid Suffah community along with many other communities will *continue to fast Saturday May 23rd* and *Eid will be Sunday May 24th.*
Assalamu Alaikum WRWB
As the month of Ramadan is nearing the end, we are getting closer to the Day of Eid. As is the Sunnah and obligation upon many to give the *Sadaqatul Fitr* before the prayer of Eid and best to give a few days before Eid to allow the organizers to distribute to the eligible parties.
*Sadaqatul Fitr* can be given in any of the following amount:
*$5.25*/person based off *wheat grain*
*$15.75*/person based off *barley*
*$19.75*/person based off *raisins*
*$26.25*/person based off *dates*
While it is recommended to give based off the highest for those that can afford, everyone has a *choice* of giving by whatever amount they choose. Keep in mind this for the needy, the more they receive the more they can have!
*Sadaqatul Fitr must be given for every person in the house for those that qualify to give.*
Following we have provided a link for Sadaqatul Fitr (Zakatul Fitr) collection for your convenience:
If you have any questions regarding Sadaqatul Fitr, please message the Imaam directly.
Iftar/Taraweeh Announcement & Ramadan Schedule
Despite Governor Kemp’s efforts to reopen the state, the medical community believes that we are still treading in dangerous waters. According to the medical professional experience, we can confirm that the danger of COVID-19 is far from over.
Masjid Suffah will remain closed for now and we will revisit the issue by 15th of Ramadan .
There will be no Iftar, Tarawih, or any other Masjid programs
We pray that Allah keeps everyone in His Protection and May He enable us to use this time to increase His remembrance at our houses inshaAllah.
سمعت عثمان بن عفان رضي الله عنه يقول قال رسول الله صلى الله عليه و سلم ما من عبد يقول في صباح كل يوم ومساء كل ليلة
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الَّذِى لاَ يَضُرُّ مَعَ اسْمِهِ شَىْءٌ فِى الأَرْضِ وَلاَ فِى السَّمَاءِ وَهُوَ
‘Uthman bin ‘Affan (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said, “He who recites three times every morning and evening:
‘Bismillahil-ladhi la yadurru ma’as-mihi shai’un fil-ardi wa la fis-sama’i, wa Huwas-Sami’ul-‘Alim.
(In the Name of Allah with Whose Name there is protection against every kind of harm in the earth or in the heaven, and He is the All-Hearing and All- Knowing),’ nothing will harm him.”
2) عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ أَنَّهُ قَالَ : جَاءَ رَجُلٌ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فَقَالَ : يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ مَا لَقِيتُ مِنْ عَقْرَبٍ لَدَغَتْنِي الْبَارِحَةَ ، قَالَ: أَمَا لَوْ قُلْتَ حِينَ أَمْسَيْتَ : أَعُوذُ بِكَلِمَاتِ اللَّهِ التَّامَّاتِ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا خَلَقَ ، لَمْ تَضُرَّكَ . رواه مسلم
2) Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:
A man came to the Prophet (ﷺ) and said, “What a trouble I suffered from a scorpion which stung me last night!” He (ﷺ) said, “
Had you said in the evening:
‘A’udhu bikalimatillahit-tammati min sharri ma khalaqa
(I seek the protection of Allah’s Perfect Words from the evil of whatever He has created),’ it would not have harmed you.”
3) عن عبد الله بن خبيب رضي الله عنه قال : خَرَجْنَا فِي لَيْلَةِ مَطَرٍ وَظُلْمَةٍ شَدِيدَةٍ نَطْلُبُ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ لِيُصَلِّيَ لَنَا، فَأَدْرَكْنَاهُ فَقَالَ: ( أَصَلَّيْتُمْ ؟ ) فَلَمْ أَقُلْ شَيْئًا ، فَقَالَ : ( قُلْ ) ، فَلَمْ أَقُلْ شَيْئًا ، ثُمَّ قَالَ : ( قُلْ ) ، فَلَمْ أَقُلْ شَيْئًا ، ثُمَّ قَالَ : (قُلْ ) ، فَقُلْتُ : يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ مَا أَقُولُ ؟ قَالَ : ( قُلْ : ( قُلْ هُوَ اللَّهُ أَحَدٌ ) وَالْمُعَوِّذَتَيْنِ حِينَ تُمْسِي وَحِينَ تُصْبِحُ ثَلَاثَ مَرَّاتٍ تَكْفِيكَ مِنْ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ . رواه الترمذي وأبو داود
3) Mu`adh bin `Abdullah bin Khubaib, narrated from his father, who said:
“We went out on a rainy and extremely dark night, looking for the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), so that he could lead us in Salat.” He said: “So I met him and he (ﷺ) said: ‘Speak’ but I did not say anything. Then he (ﷺ) said: ‘Speak.’ But I did not say anything. He (ﷺ) said: ‘Speak.’ So I said: ‘What should I say?’ He (ﷺ) said: ‘Say: “Say: He is Allah, the One” and Al-Mu`awwidhatain, when you reach evening, and when you reach morning, three times, they will suffice you against everything.’”
4) عَنْ أَنَسٍ رضي الله عنه أَنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ كَانَ يَقُولُ:
اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ الْبَرَصِ وَالْجُنُونِ وَالْجُذَامِ وَمِنْ سَيِّئْ الْأَسْقَامِ ) . رواه أحمد وأبوداود والنسائي
4) The Prophet (ﷺ) used to supplicate: O Allah! I seek refuge in You from leprosy, insanity, elephantiasis and evil diseases.”
5) عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عُمَرَ رضي الله عنهما قَال : كَانَ مِنْ دُعَاءِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ :
( اللَّهُمَّ إِنِّي أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ زَوَالِ نِعْمَتِكَ ، وَتَحَوُّلِ عَافِيَتِكَ ، وَفُجَاءَةِ نِقْمَتِكَ ، وَجَمِيعِ سَخَطِكَ ) . (رواه مسل
5) ‘Abdullah bin ‘Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) used to supplicate thus:
“Allahumma inni a’udhu bika min zawali ni’matika, wa tahawwuli ‘afiyatika, wa fuja’ati niqmatika, wa jami’i sakhatika
(O Allah! I seek refuge in You against the declining of Your Favours, passing of safety, the suddenness of Your punishment and all that which displeases You).”
Following is the recently reported symptoms and precautions that everyone should be aware of:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Corona virus pneumonia is a dry cough with NO runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours – so if you come into contact with any metal surface – wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. Normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but – a lot can happen during that time – you can rub your eyes, touch your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can’t emphasis enough – drink plenty of water!
1. It will first infect the throat, so you’ll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days 2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you’re drowning. It’s imperative you then seek immediate attention.
Hope it helps. Together we can defeat this menace. Please stay safe and take care of your loved ones.
The masjid now has a digital prayer clock. The link to the website is display.masjidsuffah.com. You can add an icon to your desktop by heading to the website on your mobile device and clicking ‘add to home screen’.